One of the few NGOs that promoted the use of the Manual on Contingency Planning for LGUs that have been effective in facilitating CP among its partner LGUs since 2003.
- Formed and strengthened 30 Community-Based Peoples Organization (CBPOs) and conducted Disaster Preparedness Training (DPT) in 26 high (707 individual participants) and gender sensitivity training in 17 communities.
- Implemented Ka-Baryo Ko, sagip Ko (save neighborhood) or KSK project in 6 towns of Pampanga.
- Formed NGO-PO network for disaster preparedness in the province of Zambales.
- 11 livelihood projects with 234 direct beneficiaries
- 1 Day Care Centre in Floridablanca
- Conducted project management and cooperative management related training to 11 CBPOs.
- Relief assistance to 7,132 families commonly affected by flood and lahars.
- Constructed potable water pumps in five flood affected communities.
A local NGO that “pioneered” the promotion of the “10 Principles of Typhoon-resistant-Earthquake-resistant Building Construction Techniques” that PDRRN started in 1998 to address the recurring disasters caused by Tropical Cyclones. It was an effort in partnership with Action D’Urgence Internationale funded by ECHO. It was only in recent years other NGOs/INGOs and government started to look on the matter specifically after the Yolanda devastation on housing.
- Formed and strengthen 24 Community-Based Peoples Organization (CBPOs) in 7 towns of Pampanga and conducted Disaster Preparedness Training (DPT) in 37 high risk communities and 15 NGOs, POs, and government organizations in Pampanga; basic health trainings; family preparedness training with OCD and DSWD; and, conducted organizing and leadership course to more than 100 community leaders.
- Served as resource institution in various disaster management seminars.
- 1,092 direct beneficiaries in 19 small-scale livelihood projects
- Toilets, drainage & potable water pumps in 8 communities and evacuation centers
- Construction of Day Care Centre in Angeles City
- Support to 201 housing units in Camachiles Resettlement Sites
- Relief assistance to 45,817 families in 240 barangays affected by Mt. Pinatubo eruption.
- Relief assistance to 36,269 lahar affected families.
- Managed evacuation centers and provided evacuation center management to 619 evacuees.
One of the few local NGOs that have been active part of the Disaster Coordinating Councils (now DRRMCs) since 1994 in the province of Pampanga that is regularly being consulted by the LGU on DRR related projects and programs. • One of the few NGOs that employ organizing of community-based disaster response organizations (CBDROs) starting in 1991 and practitioner of PCVA developed in one of its project communities in Pampanga.